The central composition of the main dome – polufigury mosaic of Christ Pantocrator in the medallion. The medallion is encircled by ten colored circles that resemble a rainbow. Around the Christ – the four archangels, of which only one figure in blue – Mosaic, the rest having added oil in 1884 MAVrubel.
A fragment of group portrait of the family of Yaroslav the Wise. The composition is particularly valuable frescoes of St. Sophia Cathedral. It was severely damaged during the restoration of the XIX century. On the south wall murals over the butter pieces were written great martyrs, on the north wall – figures of saints. Clearing these frescoes carried out after the organization of the Sofia Reserve in 1934 – 1935 years.
A wonderful gift the people of Kiev was built in 1980 in the ancient bazaar at the hem Rye Zhitniy covered market. In his three-storey building – 1350 trading places in the open area near the market – another 600 seats. In the planning and equipment used to achieve the market trading techniques: cold storage, irrigation systems for herbs, fruit and vegetables, refrigerated chamber.
On the left bank of the Dnieper River, opposite the ensemble of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, stretched residential Rusanovka. It is surrounded by the channel and substantially an island. Through the channel airlifted three roads and two pedestrian bridges, well linked with a network of footpaths in residential areas. By creating this array, the builders had to practice for the first time in the Soviet city planning not only to build houses. They have created and the territory on which the Rusanivka. Her namyvali, because there were vacant lots flooded by spring waters of the Dnieper.
In 1981, on the alluvial area started building one of the largest residential areas of Kiev – Troeschina. The basis of the planning structure of a housing estate on the principle of functional zoning, and a network of pedestrian boulevards, isolated from the roadway. Array is connected through the Moscow bridge trolley bus to the metro station “Petrovka”.
Intensive construction started in all the districts of the capital of Ukraine. Pleases residents of Pechersk new shopping center, which has grown in 1983 on the street Suvorov. It plays an important role in the architectural appearance of the street. The first floor of this three-storey building set aside a deli-type store and self-service “Flowers”, the second – to 120-seat cafe, pastry shop and a cafeteria. Department store is located on the third floor.
Area Lenin Komsomol. From here originates Khreschatyk street. In the 30-ies of the XIX century in the area of the square is laid. Vladimir Hill Park, here is the Pioneer Park. On the square are the Kiev State Philharmonic Hall with columns named Lysenko, the Kiev branch of the Central Museum Lenin, the hotel “Dnipro”, Republican Library named after the Communist Party.
The central square of Kiev – the area of the October Revolution. In the years 1976-1981 it was reconstructed. Her most expressive elements of steel monument of the Great October Socialist Revolution and the 5000-jet fountain. Organically fit into the area of a 16-storey building of the hotel “Moscow”, which was built in 1966.
More than 100,000 people live on Nikolsko – BORSHCHAHIVSKIY array. He built up, mainly 5-9-storey houses, 12-16-story building used as architectural accents. In a modern transport interchange solved here. An array of links to the city center ground light rail line. Its route is nowhere intersects with the existing transport lines, and because the tram for a few minutes takes passengers to the Victory Square.
The main building of the Kiev Order of Lenin Polytechnic Institute 50th Anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution. Constructed in 1901 by architect I. Kitnera. The institute has about 32 thousand students. There are 20 faculties, the preparatory department, graduate school, branches with day, evening and correspondence courses.
The new building of the Kiev Order of the Red Banner Medical Institute named after Academician AABogomolets. The Institute was founded in 1841 as the Medical Faculty of the University. Over the years the university has trained more than 60,000 doctors of them during the Soviet period – about 57,000.
The main building of the Kiev Order of Lenin and the Order of the October Revolution State University named after Taras Shevchenko. The building was constructed in 1837 – 1842 years by the architect V. Beretta. During the years of Soviet power in the university has trained more than 80,000 professionals.
Institute of Electric Welding named after EO Paton Electric Welding Institute, Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR. Is a leader in the field of welding in the country, the coordinator of international scientific and technological cooperation between the countries – members of the CMEA on this issue.
The central line of Kiev – Khreschatyk Street. Its construction began in the late XVIII century, the formation of Khreschatyk Street refers to as the 30 – 40-s of the XIX century. At the beginning of XX century the street was the commercial center of the city. During the Nazi occupation of Kiev Khreschatyk was largely destroyed. After the war, began its restoration. On Khreschatyk and arriving to it the streets and squares are 16 ministries, central boards 14, 11 entertainment establishments, 60 enterprises of trade, public catering and consumer services.
Kiev in the XI-XII centuries. Layout-reconstruction.
The interior of St. Sophia. Culture of Kievan Rus.
Golden Gate in Kiev, built in Yaroslavl the Wise. XI century. Layout-reconstruction.
Virgin Orans. Mosaic in the apse of St. Sophia.