A wonderful gift the people of Kiev was built in 1980 in the ancient bazaar at the hem Rye Zhitniy covered market. In his three-storey building – 1350 trading places in the open area near the market – another 600 seats. In the planning and equipment used to achieve the market trading techniques: cold storage, irrigation systems for herbs, fruit and vegetables, refrigerated chamber.On the left bank of the Dnieper River, opposite the ensemble of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, stretched residential Rusanovka. It is surrounded by the channel and substantially an island. Through the channel airlifted three roads and two pedestrian bridges, well linked with a network of footpaths in residential areas. By creating this array, the builders had to practice for the first time in the Soviet city planning not only to build houses. They have created and the territory on which the Rusanivka. Her namyvali, because there were vacant lots flooded by spring waters of the Dnieper.