Tags: Kiev - Troeschina
“The Eucharist.” Fragment of mosaic of St. Michael’s Cathedral. XII century. St. Michael’s Cathedral was the last of an ancient building in Kiev, where applied mosaic murals. In 1934-1935 in connection with the reconstruction of the cathedral was demolished, all the surviving paintings removed from the walls and moved to a new cement base. To organize them into Sophia was allocated one of the buildings of the XVIII century. In the hall a wooden apse corresponding apse of the Cathedral of St. Michael, and its concave surface at the same height, put the scene, “the Eucharist.”
The central composition of the main dome – polufigury mosaic of Christ Pantocrator in the medallion. The medallion is encircled by ten colored circles that resemble a rainbow. Around the Christ – the four archangels, of which only one figure in blue – Mosaic, the rest having added oil in 1884 MAVrubel.