Virgin of Smolensk, Novodevichy Convent in Moscow

Virgin of Smolensk, Novodevichy Convent in Moscow. Founded in 1525 the Grand Prince Vasily III to commemorate the capture of Smolensk by Russian troops in 1514 and in the name of the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God, the main sanctuary of Smolensk. Cathedral – 1525, the walls of the end of XVII century, the bell tower – 1690.