Tag: Palaces and Park of the Town of Gatchina

  • Palaces and Park of the Town of Gatchina

    The village of Gatchino was first mentioned in a manuscript written at the end of the 15th century. After the village had become a suburb of the newly-built Petersburg in the 18th century, it passed through the hands of several owners. For one of them the outstanding architect Antonio Rinaldi erected a palace in 1766—1772.…