Universitetskaya Naberezhnaya, 5 (5, University Embankment).

This is one of the earliest buildings in the city designed in the strict classical style by the architect D. Quarenghi. It was erected in 1783—1789. In the entrance-hall a coloured mosaic picture of The Battle of Poltava, the original of which had been sketched by M V. Lomonosov in 1762— 1764, was put up on the occasion of the bicentenary of the Academy (1925).